Surveillance Operations Manager
Responsible for the successful direction of activities in the Surveillance Department and works to ensure the protection of life and property.
* Ensures the quality of operations in the Surveillance Department.
* Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
* Protects casino assets and gaming integrity, through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property, particularly on the gaming floor.
* Communicates with all department heads, to ensure problems are effectively and promptly resolved.
* Monitors performances of all surveillance employees and provides feedback.
* Plans and directs the staffing, training, development and equitable treatment of all surveillance employees.
* Makes recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign and discipline all direct reports.
* Coordinates, with the Security Department, when surveillance discovers a matter that needs further investigation or attention.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all surveillance employees.
* Studies cheating activity and trends in other gaming areas, particularly Las Vegas, in order to take precautionary measures to deter cheating on this property.
* Regularly inspects the premises, identifying potential safety or security hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
* Reviews surveillance tapes and reports, providing detailed information to appropriate casino officials and outside agencies, as needed.
* Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
Four Winds Casino
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Creates, develops and implements an effective plan of departmental policies and procedures, maintaining consistency with established casino guidelines and controls.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
Directly supervises the activities of all surveillance employees and indirectly supervises the activities of all employees who work on the gaming floor.