Responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all guests. The Banquet Houseman is responsible primarily for assisting in serving, setting-up, and clean-up of all banquet functions. This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Set rooms, buffets, and tables according to BEO specifications and Supervisor instructions.
* Handle all guest requests; as necessary, request the assistance of the Banquet Supervisor.
* Ensure that all storerooms are clean, organized and secured.
* Organize Banquet Rooms to ensure a productive, safe and energy conserving work environment.
* Ensure that all unused rooms are set to department's standards.
* Constantly communicate all concerns to Banquet Supervisor.
* Assist in equipment inventory as scheduled.
* Ensure proper maintenance (cleaning and repair) of all equipment.
* Pick up food from kitchen and return dirty dishes and carts to dish area.
* Ensure hot boxes are properly operating and assist in expediting the food.
* Assist the servers during service by responding to their requests; notify Banquet Supervisor immediately of any difficulties.
* Advise Sales department, Banquet Supervisor regarding equipment needs, rentals, supply needs and employee staff issues.
* Assist in record keeping and filing.
* Attend staff set-up and technical training on a regular basis.
* Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees in all departments.
* Perform all guest contact activities with a cordial, efficient and professional manner while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
* Adhere to all department and Casino-wide policies and procedures.
* Enforce all safety and sanitation procedures including safety guidelines and OSHA requirements.
* Maintain adequate level of security to safeguard equipment inventory.
* Attend all department, full staff, safety and other meetings and trainings as required by management.
* Work closely with Event Management and Group & Event Coordinator, to assure smooth delivery of all services / events.
* Empty trash and stock bus carts as needed.
* Maintain side stands, cleanliness of banquet area and stock the prescribed pars.
* Maintains constant awareness of services, promotions, and events offered at the facility and informs guests.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
Four Winds Casino